This is an ideal position for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in nonprofit, fundraising/development, event coordination and/or public relations while making a difference female network and community. We are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Applicants who are proficient in Microsoft Office (including Publisher and Excel) and have some experience in event planning, marketing, customer service and/or graphic design are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will have a passion for nonprofit fundraise. This person must be a self-starter, team-oriented, have a yearning to learn, and extremely good at multi-tasking across a variety of projects at once.
The Fundraise Intern will not only gain experience in fundraising, you will also acquire knowledge and experience working in Content Marketing, SEO, Analytics, Campaigns & Graphic Design.
- Coordinating logistical aspects of various events such as securing in-kind donations, recruiting volunteers, preparing event materials, etc.
- Helping with event day logistics
- Preparing mailings to be sent to potential participants and donors
- Working with local businesses to facilitate involvement with our campaigns
- Participating in grassroots marketing and fundraising efforts
- Recruiting and retaining participants and teams through phone calls, e-mails, and face-to-face meetings
- Assisting the Donor Development staff with publicizing special events, information meetings, and other activities as needed
- Running donor acknowledgment letters on a weekly basis
- Maintaining a working knowledge of LLS and our mission and programs
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and database management
- Tech savvy, i.e. Facebook, Twitter and other social media
- Basic knowledge on composing and submitting press releases
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Confidentiality with all patient/donor/volunteer information
How to apply
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
This is a part-time, on site, unpaid internship in return for college class credit.
Local Applicants Only Please.